top of page
CO Tax & Accounting Solutions


Individual Taxpayer Identification Number 


We are
Certified Acceptance Agent  

Blue Skies

ITIN Application

An ITIN will serve as your identification number for filing your taxes. We are Certified Acceptance Agents (CAAs), our offices is well-equipped to guide you through the ITIN number application or ITIN renewal process.

Why do I need an ITIN?

Let’s say you’re working and earning money in the United States, but you don't qualify for a Social Security Number. An ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, type of Tax ID or Taxpayer ID) will serve as your identification number for filing your tax returns. If you do not qualify for an SSN, you will need to apply for an ITIN.

Here's what else your ITIN does:

  • It allows you to get a refund of income tax withholding from the IRS, if you qualify.

  • It allows you to file your taxes and claim tax benefits for the qualifying dependents.

  • It may allow you to open a bank account or apply for a mortgage loan.

So your ITIN tax ID not only helps you file a tax return, it ensures you get the refund you deserve as quickly as possible.

Your ITIN application or renewal service is free when we prepare your U.S. federal income tax return.

How to Get an ITIN number. Required Documents

To begin the ITIN application process, you will need:

  • A complete IRS Form W-7

  • A U.S. federal income tax return

  • Your Passport or TWO (2) of the following documents: (including at least one proving identification with photo and one proving foreign status from your country):

    • National Identification Document (this must be current, and include your name, photo, address, date of birth, and expiration date)

    • U.S. driver's license

    • Foreign driver's license

    • Birth Certificate (required for a dependent unless a passport is being submitted and the passport has a date of entry into the U.S.)

    • U.S. State I.D.

    • Foreign Voter's Registration card

    • Visa issued by the U.S. Department of State

    • U.S Military ID card

    • Foreign Military ID card

    • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services photo I.D.

    • Medical (for dependents under age 6 only)

    • School records (for dependents who are students under age 18 only)

QR code
bottom of page